Mobile marketing can be extremely powerful, but I’ll be the first to tell you that, alone, mobile is not the silver bullet. However, when you incorporate mobile into your marketing mix, I’m a firm believer that everything else you do will get better.
Mobile is a part of every aspect of marketing because it’s now a key part of your customers’ lives. Period.
5 Reasons Mobile Cannot Be Ignored
1. More than 70 percent of Facebook usage is from mobile. What does that mean for you? That means social is mobile and vice versa. What are you doing to give your Facebook users the best mobile experience?
2. More than 25 percent of global Youtube views are from a mobile device. Basically, your customers don’t just need short videos on their phones. Are you holding back because you think your customers will act a certain way?
3. Did you add a URL to your direct mail campaign? You just welcomed your customers to visit your site from their mobile device of choice.
4. Do your hours change throughout the week? Your customers are searching to make sure you’re open before they visit you … from their phone. Enable your customers to take action in the moments of truth.
5. Do you send email? At least 40 percent of your database is opening your email from a mobile phone. Don’t overlook the most underrated mobile channel.
I could actually go on, but I want you to walk away with one thing: Approach every marketing initiative with the mobile user in mind and your marketing performance and customer satisfaction will improve.
Your customer decides how they connect to you, not you. It’s your job to do everything in your power to make your customers experience exactly what they are looking for.
If you don’t … well … they will just go somewhere else.