YouTube recently announced reaching a new milestone of 1 billion unique monthly visitors, or 15 percent of the planet. Those kinds of numbers are why you want your videos to be found organically on YouTube. Today, we turn the subject to inbound video direct marketing and how to attract traffic to your videos on YouTube. You’ll learn about 10 tools that can lead to clicks to your landing page and the opportunity for you to convert that video viewer into a paying customer. Using these tools, you can:
- Drive traffic to your website or landing page
- Build your mailing list
- And sell your products or services
(If the video isn’t just above this line, click here to view it.)
There are several factors that will influence how your video will rank on YouTube, or if it will make the “related videos” or “recommended videos” list. Today’s video suggests ten of those factors, such as:
- How speech-to-text conversion technology means you need to use your keywords in your voice-over script
- The importance of including your transcript for closed captioning (with broader implications of improving your search ranking)
- Loading your description with long-form direct marketing copy
- Encouraging social signals, and more
Today’s list is just the beginning, and in our next blog, we’ll dive even deeper into some of the often overlooked tactics that can help your video rank higher on YouTube.
If you’ve identified tools and techniques that have helped your videos rise to the top in YouTube rankings, please share them below so other direct marketers can learn what’s worked for you.