YouTube is currently the second largest search engine on the Internet. With 1 billion unique monthly visitors watching YouTube videos, enabling your marketing videos to rank higher can lead to more people discovering you, drive traffic to your website or landing pages, build your mailing list, and sell more products and services. There are a dozen often overlooked ways you can help your video rank higher on YouTube, and today we’ll quickly dissect them.
(If the video isn’t just above this line, click here to view it.)
Today you’ll learn how these steps will help your video rank higher on YouTube.
- The importance of encouraging viewers to add your video to their playlists and how that builds social signals
- Why you need an authoritative YouTube channel
- Uploading new videos regularly helps you rank higher
- Monitor and reply to comments promptly
- Ideas to get more video views
- Create quality content so your viewers watch more of your videos
- Annotations can help keep viewers on your video
- Using “in video programming” to showcase other videos
- Why “Likes” are a good thing (and how to get more)
- Why you should embed your videos on websites, blogs, articles or even a press release
- and more
If you have additional tips to add to this list of strategies to make videos rank higher on YouTube, please share them in the comments section below.
If you missed it, check out our last blog post: “Top 10 Ways to Improve YouTube Video Search Ranking.”