Tired of all the “guru” advice that doesn’t work when using video in B-to-B marketing? Getting views and subscribers on YouTube, but not enough sales? Here’s a simple, effective approach to get viewers to respond to videos and become sales leads.
Focus on How You Speak, Not What You Say
It’s natural to focus on what we’re saying in videos. Yet it’s an approach that will sabotage you every time. Instead, focus on how you’re presenting knowledge, not the information itself.
We’re very busy being transparent, honest, showing our personalities and giving away our best advice using videos. But the truth is you must do all those things and do it in a way that creates response.
Otherwise you’re wasting time.
In my experience using video in B-to-B marketing, there is one reason why people fail with it. They over-focus on WHAT to say rather than designing what to say to trigger response.
“The HOW” is what makes the difference when using video in B-to-B marketing. Here’s what to do
1) Don’t engage—fix, guide, compare, serve! Contrary to what ‘the experts’ say, buyers don’t care about your personality, your passion nor how often you offer free advice. They’re selfish. They care far more about solving their problem or reaching their goal faster.
Let this be your guiding rule. If you want to get passed around a lot on social media go ahead-be cute, funny “engaging” and such. If you want to generate leads serve a purpose.
2) Talk about what matters (and nothing else). Get started by asking yourself these questions when using video in B-to-B marketing
- What pressing problem can I solve?
- What pain can I remove?
- What pleasure can I help create?
The idea is to focus your video on the pain customers need to get rid of, or the goals they need to achieve faster.
3) Provoke response. The best way to start is claiming you can change the success rate of prospects. Then do it.
Tell them you can actually move their needle. Then prove it by showing them exactly how to do something important to them.
Show them how to avoid a risk, solve a problem, learn a new skill … step-by-step in the video.
The idea is to create confidence in them … get them to take action and experience some success. Because if they do *this creates trust in you.*
Over to You
So remember the formula for structuring your videos when using video in B-to-B marketing.
- Tell customers you can increase their success rate.
- Then, without wasting time, prove to them you can move their needle … give them results.
- Give them an even better way to start right now … in return for a deeper relationship (a lead).
Do this with a clear call to action that gets them to take action.
Need an example? Watch this video!